Job Title: Operations Manager (Technical Support)
Company: Sydney Opera House
The Sydney Opera House provides one of the most unique employment opportunities world-wide, as a result of our landmark location, artistic focus, diverse range of people and challenging work within a constantly evolving commercial business environment.
The Technical Support team is responsible for the design and maintenance of the show-critical technical infrastructure at Sydney Opera House.
They ensure that the transmission of signal is of the highest quality, equipment and systems are properly maintained, and the site and theatre communications are robust.
An opportunity has become available for a highly experienced and motivated Operations Manager to:
- Manage the operations and logistics of the Technical Support team, warehouse and inventory.
- Manage the preparation of equipment and services as required by the Theatre and Events department.
- Ensure compliance with relevant technical and OHS standards and contribute to the ongoing development of OHS awareness at Sydney Opera House.
- Share accountability for the management, care and security of technical equipment asset base through the use of an asset management system.
- Demonstrated experience in warehouse operations, logistics and planning.
- Demonstrated high level of skill with the set-up and maintenance of an asset management system.
- Demonstrated high level of supervisory and/or management skills, including a thorough knowledge
of supervisory responsibilities under OH&S.
- Knowledge and understanding of live theatre industry is desirable.
- Qualification in electrical, electronics, rigging or other disciplines is desirable
- Strong communication, team building, and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent organisational, analytical and decision making skills.
- Excellent computer skills using Word, Excel, data base inventory systems.
- Physical fitness, agility and ability to work at heights, good hearing and vision.
Job Status: Full Time – Temporary, initial 12 month contract with opportunity to extend
Vacancy Reference Number: SOH338
Salary Package: $92 516 per annum (base salary of $84,877 per annum plus superannuation)
How to apply:
- Review the relevant information as provided for in the Job Application Package.
- Prepare your responses to the Selection Criteria in a separate document, as a guide 1 or 2 paragraphs demonstrating how you meet each criteria is sufficient. Please note applications are shortlisted based on your responses to the selection criteria.
- Submit your application online at http://www.sydneyoperahouse.com/careers, include a copy of your resume, along with your responses to the Selection Criteria.
Contact: Brad Maiden, Head of Technical Support, 9250 7644
Closing Date: Monday 19th March 2012