HEAD OF AUDIO POSITION AT JMC ACADEMY BRISBANE
Audio Engineering Head Of Department
JMC Academy in Brisbane is currently seeking to fill the role of Head of Department in Audio Engineering and Sound Production.
The Head of Department has responsibility for the academic provision of accredited courses and to teach within and coordinate the Bachelor of Creative Technology (Audio Engineering and Sound Production) and nested Diploma for the Brisbane Campus based in South Brisbane.
- Teaching and assessment in JMC Academy’s audio courses, with specialisations based on your prior experience and knowledge
- Overall responsibility for monitoring the quality of teaching inside your department
- Overall responsibility for the recruitment, supervision, and management of sessional lecturers
- Overall satisfaction and retention of audio students within the course
- Administrative duties as necessary for your own teaching and other departmental work, and oversight of the admin work required from your team
- Regular liaison with other Heads of Department both in Brisbane and other JMC Academy campuses
- Reporting as required on operational matters to the Campus Manager and on educational matters to the National Director of Education
- Professional development and self-education
- Self-initiated work towards organisational goals and outcomes
Key selection criteria
- Masters Degree or higher in a related field of study
- Minimum 5 years experience within the audio industry
Experience and Skills
- Demonstrated experience in managing and mentoring staff
- High level knowledge of live sound, post productions, or acoustics an advantage
- Excellent written and verbal skills
- Preferably a history of teaching in a tertiary environment
- Ability to work in a close knit team environment
- You will be required to undergo a Working With Children check, should your application proceed.
Applications are invited from individuals who meet or closely approach the above selection criteria. JMC Academy is an equal opportunity employer.
In the first instance, please email your application directly to email@example.com, including a CV, a brief cover letter, plus maximum two page response addressing the key selection criteria by COB Friday, 15th September 2017.
No unsolicited phone calls.
JMC Academy: www.jmc.edu.au